practice areasMigration Services
Business-based Visa and Migration Matters
- Assistance with the extension of visas
- Assistance with immigration legislation
- Assistance with Significant Investment migration
- Assistance in appealing refused visas
- Assisting people by bringing their family members to Australia
- Assisting people by obtaining either temporary or permanent residency
- Sponsoring overseas employees to work in Australia
Our Services Include:
Business Migration Visa
Australia is an ideal location for people wanting to establish a business or invest. Australian business skills migration program encourages successful business people (Business Owners, Investors & Senior Executives) to settle permanently in Australia and develop new or existing businesses in Australia. Our main services regarding Australian business skills migration including following three categories of visas:
- Business Talent (Permanent) visa (subclass 132)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888)
This visa allows you to stay in Australia to study full-time in a recognised education institution. You can study at all levels of education from primary and secondary school, to vocational education and training (VET), from English language courses to higher education (including universities). No matter the type of course you want to study, how long you want to study for or where you want to study, you can be assured that in Australia you will have a high quality and rewarding study experience.
- Student visa (subclass 500)
- For shorter periods of study, you can apply for a Visitor or Working Holiday Visa
- Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) allows eligible international students who have completed an Australian education to stay in Australia to gain further study or work experience.
Skilled Migration Visa
Australia is an incredibly popular destination for skilled migrants. The Skilled Migration Program is a points-based system designed to attract highly qualified and experienced professionals in occupations in demand. Straits Lawyers has handled applications for all skilled migration subclasses and most skills assessing authorities and we can assist you in navigating the options to reach a successful outcome. Core areas of our expertise are:
- Points-tested, family-sponsored and state-sponsored skilled visa subclasses
- Choosing the right occupation in which to apply for skills assessment
- Helping applicants gain qualifications, work experience, language ability, Professional Year, NAATI
Employers can sponsor or nominate workers to remain in Australia for both a temporary and permanent basis. It’s important that you find the right visa to suit your needs. Straits Lawyers offers professional services to employers with all Sponsorship, Nomination, Visa Applications, ENS and RSMS applications including Regional Certifying Bodies. We manage the following employer sponsorship visa subclasses:
- Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482)
- Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187)
Family Migration Visa
Reunite your families with our family visa service. Family visas are available for partners, children, parents and other families. Look through the list of family visas below, get in touch with our lawyers who will be able to guide you according to best practice and move you through your application.
- Partner Visa and Prospective marriage visa
- Parent Visa (Contributory and Non-Contributory)
- Child Visa
- Visas for other family members such as parents, orphan relatives, carers, aged dependent relatives, and remaining relatives
We deal with a range of other visa services including tourist visas, training and research, refugee and humanitarian visas, and also visa appeals.
To ensure you obtain precise information for your specific situation, please arrange an appointment with one of our Migration Specialists. Our Migration Specialist will conduct a full migration assessment and advise which visa option or pathway is best for you.