The General Skilled Migration Program, the Australian government is designed to attract migrants who make a significant contribution to the Australian economy, and fill positions areas which are facing workforce shortages. The main aim behind this program is to increase the productivity in the economy of Australia which results in more jobs.
The Skilled Migration Program also plays an important role in regional development through providing skills and labour which cannot be sourced locally, as well as encouraging investment and promoting local spending in regional areas.
The Australia skilled migration pathway requires you to meet certain basic requirements. Requirements are a base on which the entire process of Australia Immigration stands. Before applying for any skilled migration visas, you will need to ensure that you meet the basic requirements as follows:
- Age: You must be under the age of 50 years at the time of applying for the skilled migration visa.
- English Language Proficiency: You need to have a competent level in the English language. To meet this requirement, you can either appear for the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or PTE (Pearson Test of English).
- A positive skills assessment: Having a positive skills assessment is a major requirement which you need to fulfill. Also, your skills and qualifications must match your nominated occupation and must be assessed by a relevant assessing authority. Your nominated occupation must be present in the skilled occupation list of Australia.
- Health Assessment:Proving that you are in good health is mandatory if you want to immigrate to Australia via the skilled migration visa. You need to undergo a medical assessment. Without a positive medical assessment, you cannot move to Australia.
- Character Assessment: You must have a good character in order to move to Australia. Good character means that you have no criminal offences from the past or present. Thus, you need to get hold of a police clearance certificate.
It is also important to note that the South Australian Skilled Occupation List is updated regularly and you will need to review the specific requirements against each occupation prior to submitting your EOI.
If you would have any enquiries with regard to your visa application, Straits Lawyers are here to help. We are now offering online services in both English and Chinese.
Simply book an online consultation with us via this link: https://straits-lawyers.square.site/product/online-consultation-/11?cs=true or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 08 8410 9069 to arrange an appointment.
Please note that this article does not constitute legal advice and Straits Lawyers will not be legally responsible for any actions you take based on this article.